- What is Value-Based Purchasing?
- Behavioral Health/Substance Abuse
- Employee’s Assistance Program
- Drug Screening
- Pharmacy Benefit Management
- Physician on Call
- Disease Management
- Workers’ Compensation Case Management
Employee's Assistance Program
EAP: Living Better...Working Better
The BHS Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a professional service which provides confidential assessment, referral and short-term counseling services to employees for behavioral health-related issues including substance abuse. EAPs are proven to reduce medical benefit costs and promote increased productivity.
What Problems Does EAP Provide Assistance For?
EAP provides assessment and short-term counseling for a variety of issues including:
- Parent-Child Conflict
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Stress-Related Problems
- Work-Related Problems
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse
Key Features of the BHS EAP:
- Stand-Alone EAP or Integrated with Behavioral Health Carve-Out
- Tailored Benefit Plans: 3-6 EAP visits per Member
- Provider Network of 11,000 Master's-Level Counselors, Psychologists & Psychiatrists
- Resources for Training, Critical Incidents, Wellness & Coaching
- Website Resources including an Online Work/Life Database of EAP Articles and Information
- Preferred Pricing Through ECHO Membership
Promotional Components of the EAP
Materials are available to assist in educating employees and promoting the EAP. Promotional materials including EAP posters, e-newsletters, informational flyers and fact sheets, wallet cards, member guides and orientation seminars are provided through the BHS EAP.
EAPs Provide A Minimum Return on Investment of 5 to 1